PL

Posted on Apr 19, 2022

Great! I bought this for my cat to supplement her raw meals. Calcium is very crucial in a diet for cats, not meeting the calcium requirements would be detrimental to any cat's health. This supplement is also essential in balancing calcium to phosphorus ratio so that there is no conflict in mineral absorption. My cat is almost 4 years old and has been raw fed for over a year! She is healthy and happy! I can attest to the quality of this supplement. A++

2161cf74-c438-43ff-b537-2e7a33f1a801
Posted on Jun 20, 2022

My son could not tolerate any dairy product but he needed calcium somehow. So we tried this product and had no reactions. If you take calcium supplements, we found out that you must take vitamins D3 and K2 as well. Vitamin D3 ensures that calcium is absorbed. Vitamin K2 (specifically as MK-7, the most bioavailable form) directs it to areas of your body such as your bones, so it can be put to good use. Without K2, the calcium absorbed may be deposited in the arteries, where it can lead to calcification or other issues. We used all 3 supplements at the same time as they all complement each other. We know this is true. We used calcium and D3 supplements for several months. Then we noticed the 'blue toes' developing and figured it must be some form of calcification going on. We did some research and found he was vitamin K deficient so tried supplementing K2 and the 'blue toes' started to disappear over time. So please supplement calcium with D3 and K2!

Posted on Sep 4, 2021

I had a bout of gastritis a few months ago and searched the parmacies for an antacid without nasty chemicals. I found none. So decided to just use the active ingredients in antacids.... Calcium carbonate and sodium bicaronate. Perfect. Not to be used regularly though just on occasion of acid problems

Posted on Sep 2, 2021

I bought this for an elderly friend to help fortify and strengthen her bones. It is too soon to tell how she is doing with it. Since it is NOW brand I am confident that she will greatly benefit from it. It is a brand that I trust and use

Posted on May 14, 2022

This product is so much easier to use than swallowing one of those gigantic calcium tablets that was recently prescribed for me. It dissolves instantly in anything hot/warm. I was not aware of this type of product but really glad to have found it on iherb website. Price is reasonable as well. Product delivered on time.

Best ever supplement for tight muscles, muscle pain, knots in muscles, weak bones. When I feel pain in my hips or a tight back muscle, I take daily, 1/2 t. mixed in OJ. (Also do stretching exercises for the back and use heating pad / ibprofen as needed). Also Its a very good supplement for those with osteoporosis. ( I actually stopped taking my Osteo. med due to severe back pain! One of the side effects!) Mayo clinic site has a good article on this and also Calcium CITRATE powder which is less calcium but absorbs easier in a stomach that has problems such as absorption problems caused by acid reflux meds.. **With Calcium Carbonate, I also mix in 1/2 t. Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C powder) to help with absorption of this stronger Calcium powder.

Posted on Mar 16, 2022

Very economical. Dissolves easily. Doesn’t have a bad taste. You only use a very small amount. I like taking it with my Vitamin D supplement to enhance absorption. Also avoid taking it with other supplements like Iron. Take it with food but like most other supplements not with caffeine. Great way to top up on calcium especially when you don’t drink milk.

Posted on Jan 31, 2022

This is a great quality calcium supplement to buy. It comes at a great low price. I take it for the health benefits and I also use it in my homemade tooth powder in combination with other ingredients! The taste is fine. It actually doesn't taste like anything to me.

Posted on Nov 14, 2021

I take 0.5 tsp of calcium carbonate and mix it with orange juice. There are a lot of health benefits for this supplement such as healthy bones, muscle and heart, and also has additional benefit for people like me who have acid reflux (acts as antacid). I am yet to see any improvements as I haven't taken these long enough yet, and I am not sure what taste it is as I mix it with orange juice!

Posted on Dec 20, 2021

I bought this powder form calcium as it can be easily mix with my kids’ drinks, or can be taken on its own. It has a sweet taste, and easily mix with any drink.

8854a82a-d1f7-4c02-b10a-f4bee8807e9a