PL
4.7

4.7
iHerbCustomer
Posted on Oct 9, 2022
Best if taken in the morning !

I have noticed that it is better if I take it in the morning. Because paradoxically if I take it in the evening, it has a stimulating effect on me. Instead, if I take it in the morning then in the evening I can fall asleep faster. I find the slow-release formulation a very good idea !

Posted on Mar 18, 2022

Expires Jan 2024, 2+ years expiry. Thankfully it indicates that there might be risk of gastric discomfort so took only a pill a day. takes a while to experience the effects. Good at keeping me relaxed at night before bed. Experienced a bit of tummy issues with this but overall recommended

6a613b30-58dc-486e-a26f-36bb5d73a640
9c29b7da-696c-4bcc-ac46-6cedacf6f255
Posted on Oct 9, 2022

Posted on Sep 8, 2022

I find Natural Factors to be a high quality brand in all their supplements and this is no exception. I am still testing out the benefits as I've been going through a really stressful time in my life. However, it seems to help with some of that stress and to keep my mood more even despite all that is going on.

Posted on Aug 7, 2022

I’ve been taking this for a couple of years. It’s meant to help with emotional/mood issues, similar to an anti depressant. I now take also a very low dose of an SSRI which you should always check with a health professional because it can lead to serotonin syndrome if you take high doses of both. I believe it supports me, but the only way to know for sure would be to stop taking it and I’m not prepared to do that. I believe that it allows me to be on the extremely low dose of my ssri (5mg) with a therapeutic result.

Posted on Aug 4, 2022

This really works! I take it before bed and I sleep so good! 5 htp is a precursor for melatonin via the serotonin pathway. And taken in the morning, it gives a calm and steady mind for the day. Good for mood and stress control. I appreciate the benefit. Good packaging and greata mino acid!

Posted on Aug 27, 2022

Given the stressful month I've just had I do think these are helping as I've stayed pretty calm and focused and sleeping reasonably well, so I will continue with them to see how continued benefits go. I'm hoping for a boost in serotonin and general maintenance of calm mood.

Posted on Jul 16, 2022

Like many people, I struggle with occasional anxiety and depression. I have tried other supplements in the past like phenibut, taurine, l-theanine. After some research I saw that 5-htp is also an option for trying. When it came I decided to take it for a couple of days straight without any other supplements. I read with some other reviews that you might experience insomnia and stomach problems with 5-htp, and for me it was also the case. The positive effects are also true, you do feel a little more relaxed 30 min after taking it and it makes you more stable. But all in all I will keep it for very occasional use. This supplement should never be mixed with antidepressants

Posted on Dec 28, 2022

Excellent product particularly because it is 'delayed'. Which is very helpful if you have no trouble falling asleep but tend to wake during the night. One or two tablets per night is adequate to ensure a solid night's sleep. Will definitely buy again.

Posted on Oct 5, 2022
4,070

This supplement has been so great in taking good care of my health, it always helps in easing my stresses , I believe it has all the good benefits that I need. Im am relax the whole day long. Great Brand! I got it in time. Thanks iHerb!