PL

Posted on Aug 21, 2022
Wonderful combined with other roots for coffee-like beverage

Small grind allows me to use a small amount in large volume of water (1 generous tsp chicory in 1-1.2L water) simmered on stove for 5-10 min in combination with 1 TB of other roots. Boil water in a tea kettle for fastest infusion. I don't need to roast the other roots. Delicious with soy milk. Can add a little coffee if desired, but it is not necessary. I will buy again.

Posted on Jul 18, 2022

Great quality! Organic, 100 percent pure chicory, no added or blended ingredients, tastes amazing, a great product in and of itself, but can also be used to add pizazz to your daily espresso. It’s a good size portion at a great price, with a practical zip-lock package. Zero caffeine and a great coffee substitute, but also said to have great health benefits. I make it in a French press and then froth it up with a steamer, but it can also be made as a tea, or whip it through an espresso machine. Yummy!

Posted on May 19, 2022

I had to quit coffee due to acid reflux and this is the next best thing for my morning cup of Java. I use 1/2 teaspoon and brew like tea. A little goes a long way. I mix with a splash of almond milk and a half teaspoon of maple syrup.

Posted on Nov 23, 2021

Healthy substitution to coffee! I usually brew it the way I do with tea and add some oat milk - tastes pretty good, I can have it few times a day. It's a great quality chicory, easy to open package, perfect size. And it`s not bitter like other products I`ve tried!

Posted on Sep 30, 2022

I usually buy the instant chicory but bought this one in a pinch. Its not instant and you have to brew it. I do half coffee and half chicory so I don't know how it tastes on its own. But brewed with coffee it tastes really good and it brews well.

Posted on Sep 25, 2022

The quality is great. It tastes good as an addition to regular coffee or on it's own. We use it on it's own because it has no caffeine. You don't need a lot of grounds to brew a nice cup off chicory coffee and even less to add to coffee. We use a porcelain filter with filter paper and put it on a thermos - this way it stays nice and hot. We use only a teaspoon of grounds for two very large cups. Just pour the boiling water over it to let it run through the filter. We add half and half and maybe a little sugar. It's delicious and healthy. Might bring your blood pressure down a little. It's also good for your gut flora. You can drink any leftovers cold after putting them in the fridge. Pour over ice and also drink with half and half and maybe a little sugar. Make a nice desert from the cold brew by adding vanilla ice-cream to it and a bit of whipped cream on top. Be careful if you have an allergy to ragweed. Chicory might not agree with you.

Posted on Aug 22, 2022

This is the highest quality chicory on the market. First, it was difficult to find Organic chicory. Then, it was difficult to find one that was medium roasted. Third, it was priced right. This chicory checked all of the boxes for me. Every day, I look forward to my perfectly roasted morning cup of chicory.

This chicory is absolutely delicious. The flavor is very high quality. Those that I've served it to also love it. One friend, who is a coffee drinker, said she prefered it over the taste of coffee. One teaspoon makes a very robust flavored cup. The texture is very similar to the average coffee grounds. These "grounds" are digestable, which I consume, or a tea strainer can be used if that doesn't seem appealing. It doesn't disrupt sleep or make me jittery, but is relaxing and calming. My favorite prepared cup is adding a generous scoop of coconut butter and after melted pour almond milk in. This is a good buy and will last a long time. I will be coming back for more. Google the health benefits of chicory. It's a dinamo of health benefits. One benefit is it has prebiotic properties. And who isn't trying to improve their digestion. Highly recommend!

Posted on May 17, 2022

I can't drink coffee, but this chikory is a great alternative. I love that it is ORGANIC! The flavor is nice and smooth. I add about 3 cups of water to a saucepan and then add 1 Tblsp of this chickory root. I let it heat on low just to boiling. Then I turn it off and use an unbleached coffee filter in a small strainer to filter out the pieces as I pour it into a cup. I add raw local honey and organic heavy cream. Yummie! I store any extra, unfiltered, in a mason jar in the fridge until the next day. This does not have any caffeine and does not cause problems for me. As an added bonus, my guts are moving better.

Posted on Apr 6, 2022

This is my first time trying chicory root. I have been using this as a coffee substitute. It does taste bitter in general. I made this into ice coffee with almond milk and that cut the bitterness. It has a nice smell similar to coffee. I would buy this particular brand again, seems to be of good quality.