PL

Posted on Jul 5, 2022

Very good quality and value for money since it’s a big pack. I used it for cooking as well as daily dosage in my coffee (with a dash of black peppercorns). Love the taste of it. It’s also an ingredient for my home made facial mask. Benefits health & skin. Thank you iHerbs for bringing these good products to us & packaging them in a box with protections 🙏🙏.

Posted on Mar 4, 2022

Tumeric is really good for inflammation and boosting one's immune system. I have tried for a period to sprinkle some turmeric in my lemon ginger water for drinking. It kept me warm especially during the winter mornings. I also add it to my bean stew. It gives it the stew a kick so it's not so bland and it's very healthy too.

I bought this to use it in turmeric latte (with almond milk and honey, recipe being: ~1tsp turmeric, 1-2 tsp honey and 300~400ml almond milk with water for a large latte). It benefits you as an anti-oxidant and tastes very good. By its taste i could say it's great quality. I tried mixing it with warm milk with a tsp but i think a tea whisk would fit better if the milk is not very hot for the turmeric to dissolve well. The package is large so I definitely wont buy another one this winter but its one of my fav drinks in winter.

Posted on Oct 14, 2021

Good taste in a convenient size (one pound--don't have to reorder all the time). We like mixing turmeric root in various dishes for color and flavor. Also love it an ingredient in turmeric/ginger/black pepper honey and toddy, which we find helps with joint pain after extended landwork in cold wet weather. It's also great mixed into our home cultured vegetables and yogurts, and homemade quark and lebni. Thanks, iHerb, for making it available in bulk! Reminds me to mention--I like to repackage it into an airtight container, but the foil/mylar bag works pretty well if you just squish the air out of it and clip it firmly, then place it in a zip-locking plastic bag or a jar.

Posted on Oct 11, 2021

Turmeric root has been a staple in my family for a decade. We love Frontier herbs. Turmeric is good for your health! We use everyday in smoothies and love the taste. It is an acquired taste. I also brush my teeth with turmeric. Look up all of the benefits of turmeric .

Posted on Dec 2, 2021

I always come back to this wonderful brand of turmeric. I am currently taking more than usual to heal ease inflammation from a back injury & I am healing quite nicely as well. Did you know that ethnobotanist Dr. James Duke reviewed 700 studies & concluded that turmeric outperforms many pharma meds, reduving inflammation & supporting brain & joint health?! This high quality golden turmeric is also very fairly price, very fresh and potent too. This is How I make my spicy, delicious Golden Milk --- 1 cup coconut milk or light cream, preferably organic., 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp. turmeric powder, 1 thin slice fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp powdered ginger, optional, 1 whole green cardamom or 1/2 tsp powder, 1 clove, 1/2 inch piece cinnamon stick or 1/4 tsp powder, 2-3 black peppercorns or pinch of ground black pepper, 1 leaf of a star anise, 1/4 vanilla bean (scraped) or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp coconut oil or ghee or just a little grass-fed butter, 1 tsp honey or maple syrup or coconut nectar sweetener, In a saucepan over medium, bring all of the ingredients except coconut oil/butter & sweetener to a simmer., Stir well & lower the heat to a low or low-medium. (just let it simmer -- not too hot), Cover & simmer on very low for 5-10 minutes, depending on how potent you like your spices. Strain into your cup. Add coconut oil or butter, as well as your sweetener. Enjoy! :-)

d89f1d13-1061-40c4-9b6a-0ba1e6b30baf
Posted on Jun 25, 2022

Great organic turmeric in powder form with many health benefits - one of them being a very potent antioxidant! Can be used in various delicious recipes.

Posted on Jun 20, 2022

Easy to add to many recipes to increase nutritional value. Just FYI, if you spill it, it will temporarily stain your counter or washcloth (like a mustard stain.)

Posted on May 29, 2022

The 1pound bag is a great value. The organic turmeric is of high quality and has tones of uses. Apparently a little black pepper helps with the nutritive properties of turmeric but you should cross reference that. Good stuff

Lumi Lumi
Posted on May 28, 2022

We love this product. For those of us who frequently use turmeric in cooking, this is a large amount for an economic price; (its 1 lb, and almost exactly 4 cups). If you use the stuff a lot, then getting it in bulk amounts like this is much more economical, and you are potentially saving a lot of money, because this quantity would cost 10 times more if you were to purchase that much turmeric in typical little kitchen spice bottles. This product is: on one hand, listed to be produced from organically grown turmeric roots, and on the other hand it smells and tastes so fresh. Yes, the powder is characteristically very bitter, but if you are experienced with turmeric, you can see that this powder is very fresh. The product comes in a thick air-tight opaque plastic bag with the professional Frotier brand label on it, which means no wasteful plastic or glass containers, and no extra costs for needless packaging. We have purchased this product from this manufacturer many times before (for many years now), and we have not been disappointed. Once purchased, we recommend storing the powder in large air-tight glass jars fitted with air-tight metal lids (such as those which are used for canning). We also sometimes keep those in the refrigerator or freezer for long-term storage, and it all stays very fresh that way. This is an excellent excellent product. One quick note: if the product is stored a long time in a closed container, some of the natural oils might condense on the cap, which is natural, and it is a great sign that the turmeric product is of high quality. Just be careful not to get the powder on your clothes and counter or white marble floors, because it could stain things yellow permanently. This stuff is the real deal, and it is potent, as it should be. We love it!