Great physical blocking sunscreen

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 15, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I love this zinc oxide based sunscreen. It is important to look at the ingredients of an SPF and Mad Hippie's ingredient list is the best I've seen. While chemical sunscreens might go on smooth, chemicals such as oxybenzone (the main ingredient in most sunscreens) mimic estrogen in the body, causing many disastrous side effects. They are also killing off our reefs, lakes and oceans. This product on the other hand uses zinc oxide, the safest natural sun protectant, along with antioxidants such as avocado seed oil and red raspberry seed oil to offer safe, natural protection. It goes on smooth and leaves my skin feeling soft. It is my go-to sunscreen.

No burning or irritation = major win!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

All untinted physical sunscreens with zinc oxide will leave a 'white cast.' There's no getting around that. If that bothers you, you will not like this product or any product like this. I much prefer a physical sunscreen over a mineral one as I believe blocking UV rays out entirely is more effective opposed to turning them into something that is harmless to be absorbed by your body as a mineral based sunscreen does. Personal preference. Physical sunscreens also tend to have less ingredients that irritate sensitive skin. I have highly sensitive skin with now mild rosaea (formally medically treated) and this product has caused no irritation nor have I had any burning sensations. Also, no sunburns which is what makes a sunscreen worth it. For the price, it can't be beat. In Australia most physical sunscreens run between $30-80. I will continue to repurchuse this product and I would highly recommend this product

Natural and free of Octinoxate

Posted by Benice2U on Jan 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Of course it has Zinc Oxide which is a natural mineral, but it does not have Octinoxate which can age the skin. Unfortunately many facial physical barrier sunscreens contain Octinoxate. The biggest draw back is of course the cost. I use just a wee bit and apply it all over. Fortunately it smells just great. I first apply the Mad Hippie facial cream which I also use just a dab under my eyes, my lip parentheses, and corners of my eyes followed by this sunscreen. With ANY sunscreen you need to reapply sunscreen so then I use a dry organic sunscreen as it's far more portable. However starting the day with this regimen allows me to have a sunny disposition.

Awesome sunscreen!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 14, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This has a slight carrot-y smell (due to the carrot seed oil in it), but is great for delicate faces! I used it all summer while working at the zoo. Zero sunburns and I feel good using a natural product like this one. Just wish it wasn't so expensive!!

Great natural sunscreen

Posted by juicekap on Feb 14, 2017 | Verified Purchase

fuss-free, doesn't clog pores -- but tends to rinse/rub off milky v easily upon contact w water