Disappointed

Posted by shopzilla on Jan 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I was very hopeful when I ordered this as I had read a review elsewhere, which said that it didn't leave a white cast on skin. Maybe the reviewer is very pale. On my medium olive skin, it left an obvious white cast that prompted my son to call me "ghostly" after I had applied this, despite very thorough blending. It makes me look chalky and has insufficient slip, so that I really had to stretch my skin, this way and that, to get it to blend. I fear all that drag on my skin may cause more wrinkles! On the plus side, it has a beautiful, really clean formula, does not look shiny, or make me sweat like most sunscreens do and it smells natural and light. I don't know what I'm going to do with this as I don't want to look like a Kabuki character. So sad. It was quite expensive too, for the amount. Will definitely not be buying again. If you find this review helpful, please click on the "Yes" button. Thanks!

Great physical blocking sunscreen

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 15, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I love this zinc oxide based sunscreen. It is important to look at the ingredients of an SPF and Mad Hippie's ingredient list is the best I've seen. While chemical sunscreens might go on smooth, chemicals such as oxybenzone (the main ingredient in most sunscreens) mimic estrogen in the body, causing many disastrous side effects. They are also killing off our reefs, lakes and oceans. This product on the other hand uses zinc oxide, the safest natural sun protectant, along with antioxidants such as avocado seed oil and red raspberry seed oil to offer safe, natural protection. It goes on smooth and leaves my skin feeling soft. It is my go-to sunscreen.

great sunscreen but leaves white cast

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2016 | Verified Purchase

The texture is lightweight, like a mousse. It has a strong floral scent (not a artificial scent) due to essential oils. It is a great spf, it's not oily, in fact it dries pretty matte. But it really leaves a white cast, I mainly use it on my neck to lighten the color of my neck since my face is slightly fairer than my neck. I got mine on sale, but I wouldn't buy it again because it is too expensive for a 'neck' sunscreen. I would continue to buy the andalou naturals spf 30 un-tinted BB cream as my daily face sunscreen which is also a good sunscreen but its texture is slightly oilier and it barely leaves a white cast.

No burning or irritation = major win!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

All untinted physical sunscreens with zinc oxide will leave a 'white cast.' There's no getting around that. If that bothers you, you will not like this product or any product like this. I much prefer a physical sunscreen over a mineral one as I believe blocking UV rays out entirely is more effective opposed to turning them into something that is harmless to be absorbed by your body as a mineral based sunscreen does. Personal preference. Physical sunscreens also tend to have less ingredients that irritate sensitive skin. I have highly sensitive skin with now mild rosaea (formally medically treated) and this product has caused no irritation nor have I had any burning sensations. Also, no sunburns which is what makes a sunscreen worth it. For the price, it can't be beat. In Australia most physical sunscreens run between $30-80. I will continue to repurchuse this product and I would highly recommend this product

Natural and free of Octinoxate

Posted by Benice2U on Jan 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Of course it has Zinc Oxide which is a natural mineral, but it does not have Octinoxate which can age the skin. Unfortunately many facial physical barrier sunscreens contain Octinoxate. The biggest draw back is of course the cost. I use just a wee bit and apply it all over. Fortunately it smells just great. I first apply the Mad Hippie facial cream which I also use just a dab under my eyes, my lip parentheses, and corners of my eyes followed by this sunscreen. With ANY sunscreen you need to reapply sunscreen so then I use a dry organic sunscreen as it's far more portable. However starting the day with this regimen allows me to have a sunny disposition.

Awesome sunscreen!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 14, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This has a slight carrot-y smell (due to the carrot seed oil in it), but is great for delicate faces! I used it all summer while working at the zoo. Zero sunburns and I feel good using a natural product like this one. Just wish it wasn't so expensive!!

Beware! Leaves a white cast on your face

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Really wanted to love this one as I use & love a few of the other Mad Hippie products. It is impossible to get out in the morning wearing it. It leaves a white cast on your face...Just ridiculous. Going back to the wonderful Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ by DeVita.

Too white ....

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 23, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I think the ingredients are good..but it make my face really white. Btw, u can use it as makeup base instead.

I'm not sure

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I don't care about the white cast, because im pale and well that's how zinc oxide works. The problem is, this sunscreen doesnt apply smoothly on the face, need a lot of rubbing and tapping and when I apply it directly after the other products I am scared I will rub away the ones that are not soaked in completely yet, but if I wait there is no chance to apply it decently at all. This must be paired with rich moisturiser that also has HA in it, but I have oily skin and I like to skip moisturiser during day time, so will be using this for my hands.

Not a huge fan

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was hoping I would love this one like I love Mad Hippie Face Creme, but not so......This product is hard to apply, even right after the shower. It is greasy and thick and hard to rub in to get rid of the whiteness, even with using a very small amount. I found it didn't offer me much sun protection and got a burn several times. Also, as soon as it gets a bit wet after being applied hours prior, it becomes white again and runs down your face. Not a great product. Try the face creme and add some carrot oil to give it more SPF. It is much better

1 2