Excellent Shampoo - I switched 2 years ago

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 18 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've no idea why folks don't try this stuff, I switched two years ago to save money compared to bottled shampoo with lots of petro-chemicals. It travels well, lasts me nearly two months per bar and I'm a daily shower person. My stylist commented on my hair the first time I went in after switching - no more gunk buildup on my hair and it's got a faint but nice refreshing scent. If you want to save money and have soft lively hair, give this stuff a try.

Great shampoo!

Posted by abast13 on December 8 2011 | Verified Purchase

My hair is squeaky clean and I don't need any conditioner any more! And it even keeps clean longer!

Best shampoo so far

Posted by HonestReviewsHere on June 15 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have extremely dry hair and for some reason most shampoos tangles my hair while I'm lathering but this actually does the opposite. I just swipe my whole head with the bar just once and it lathers up so well it amazes me. It also makes me require less conditioner than other shampoos I've tried so I recommend this. Not to mention it being free of chemicals...which gets my juices flowing! :) Please feel free to go to my name above to find out how to save several bucks on this essential shampoo.

Awesome shampoo

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 13 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought it for my daughter but now I use it too! For my daughter its better than natural baby shampoo b/c you don't need conditioner. for me, it gives my limp hair some body and texture - yay!!

Not for long curly hair!

Posted by popopo on April 5 2012 | Verified Purchase

Really good shampoo for short hair - my husband use it, even helps him to get rid of dandruff. But actually I've bought it for my long dry naturally curly hair,and I will not use it again,because it tousled my hair.And definitely do not agree that you can use it without conditioner.

Bar shampoo

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 22 2011 | Verified Purchase

After using for a long time, hair became harsh, dry, stubby. It happened for all my family. Stopped using these hard shampoos after ~half a year. They are good for a short time using, but I say no for long time using. Won't buy again.

Experiment results exceeded expectations!

Posted by wineathome on March 22 2016 | Verified Purchase

I actually really did not have any expectation on this product because bar shampoo is something "too alternative" for me. I purchased it in the name of science (haha). At the back of my head I hoped it work okay because I've heard about how liquid shampoo is bad for health and the environment, but at the same time I kept my expectation really low and used it before a day on which I did not have to leave my place because I expected greasy root after use. BUT IT CLEANSES SO WELL! Easy to use (I rubbed the bar against my hair gently in several parts, but do tell me if I'm not supposed to do this), rinsing was a bit difficult because hair felt not smooth (but just run it under water thoroughly). I did not use conditioner the first time to see how it felt. My hair was airy and voluminous after use. It also kept my hair fresh for half day more than when I used normal shampoo (well, weather was extremely humid these days in my area so you really have to give that to this product). Second time I used it with conditioner, hair very smooth and sufficiently airy. Will continue use and monitor its performance.

Good shampoo bar, but use sparingly.

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 1 2012 | Verified Purchase

I tried using the bar daily to transition into going shampoo free, but I found it a little too greasy (I have very thin, fine Asiatic hair). However, it works great for when I've been outside in humid weather or exercising. Now I use it once a week with baking soda and lemon rinses in between. My hair is still a lot less dry and almost tangle-free with this regimen.

Don't Give Up First Time

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 11 2018 | Verified Purchase

When I first tried it, I'll admit, I didn't particular like it. I ended up using my regular shampoo on top of it. I felt like I wasn't getting enough from it. However, I still decided to bring it with me while travelling. You have to really lather the bar in your hand to get that foam texture. Once you apply it to your scalp and rest of your hair and rub it in it really does feel very cleansing. My hair ended up being extremely soft afterwards and I didn't usage to rewash it until days after. The only thing I would request is for a more stronger scent as I like the smell of shampoo in my hair after I wash it but that's more of a personal thing.

Great shampoo bar

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 14 2017 | Verified Purchase

Absolutely love this bar. You need very little to work up a lather and great for my sensitive scalp