YESSSS! ( Or not quite anymore...)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Just perfect. Light, no white cast, healthy\safe ingredients and lots of product for your money. Way to go, Devita! Thoroughly recommended ;o) Update: Yes, I did rave about this one and I still use it because of it's truly fantastic ingredients and what it can do for skin as a moisturizer, BUT: When I went to Goa recently, I wore this all the time thinking it would keep me from tanning more than just a wee bit... I was so wrong. I did tan a surprising lot for wearing a 30 spf sunscreen. With other brands I tan minimally with that high factor, but something isn't right here. Devita must check this out! My guess is that the protection level is much closer to 15 than 30, and that is not good. Buyer beware!!! Nevertheless I'm only removing one star and will continue to use this because of the before mentioned benefits, but I'm investing in a TRUE 30 spf sunscreen now...

Near perfect but read my update

Posted by Ozbeach on Nov 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

11.2012: Great product. Ingredients seem clean. Easily applied, fast absorption. No white face/body. I use it for the face too. Like the smell, reminds me of the glue I used as a child (ok maybe not great for everyone?). I didn't give 5 stars because it is not waterproof. Reasonnably priced. Love iHerb, great service, prices; shipping rates. Update 12.01.14: Not so fantastic anymore, as previous user said, zinc formulation has changed and it is more difficult to apply with small white residue and hands that ends up white. Please go back to former formulation

Not strong enough for Antipodean sun

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This sun screen feels great, is light and easily absorbed. But it's not effective in blocking the strong sun we have in NZ. I applied it liberally and regularly but still burned. It also rinses off immediately so not effective when surfing.

Best solar body block

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is the best sunblock ive ever used. the ingredient list is excellant. it does not contain titanium dioxide... which concerns some people. it leaves NO white residue whatsoever. i never sunbath, but for those of you who do, as you become tanned the sunblock will blend and absorb straight into the skin... leaving no greasy residue, no white residue and with no 'smell'. Would suit all skin shades. An exellant product which also acts as a great moisturizer. will buy again. since there is a large amount (i also use this on my face) it lasts for a long time. well worth the money.

Used to be good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This sunscreen has a new formula, and it's nothing like the old one. Well, the formula is the same, except they switched to a different type of zinc, which completely changes the texture of the product. Before it went on smooth with no whiteness. Now it is much whiter (only a potential problem on the face though). But worst of all, it balls up. Which doesn't look good. And probably partly diminishes it's effectiveness. I've got 3 three tubes at home that I'm trying to use up. I can only use them on my arms. The only place the balling in not so noticeable. Once they're used up I won't buy again. It's too bad. Devita should find a better quality zinc, or improve their manufacturing process. Because I used to really like this sunscreen.

Used to be amazing...

Posted by username161 on Nov 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

...then Devita changed their zinc supplier - now it balls up and leaves a white mess. I used to use this on my face as well as body, and it really was the best smoothest non irritating sunscreen ever! I find I can't even use this up on my arms as I find it transfers onto clothing and they way it balls up I don't feel like I'm getting good coverage.

Absolutely One Of My Favourite Sun Cremes

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Jan 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Very nice and easy to apply sun creme that works well. Does not make you whitish although the hands are white after applying this on the body. I have used this also on my face which tells a lot about the good quality of this product. Only minus side is that this is not at all and I really mean NOT AT ALL waterproof. Please, you are warmly welcome to visit my page for more reviews. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

I love this sunscreen – it is rich and fluffy and feels like velvet on skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

- it’s not “short” and sinks in too fast, but lubricates well, still the finish is quite matte. I mostly use it on my face (on body now and then only if parts of my body have started to get burned but mostly I don’t spend that much time in sun), and since I do want some tan also on my face I use just a tiny bit over a moisturizer and it work likes a dream – and I love the matte finish, combined with the feeling of well moisturized skin. Gives NO white cast (it has no chemical sunscreen – only sink oxide – the other ingredients are very good too) – and have lovely mild smell of almonds. Pure luxury – never used a sunscreen this good before. Wish they used the same formula for making a tinted moisturizer – just exchanged some of the sink with other natural minerals – with turmeric for the yellowish to add even more anti-oxidants – then I too would start using makeup on a daily basis :-) Another thing I wish is that the packaging was smaller – it’s very god value ($22 /6 oz), but a 2-3 oz packaging would be much more travel-friendly.

great!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

this is not a chemical susblock. so i was surprised. it is not greasy at all and no white residue. even if a moisturerizer! also no irritation! i was satisfied 100% you shoud use this product and you are not disappointment at all. i promise!

Creamy texture but got balls up

Posted by CutieChloe on Aug 14, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is the firs time I use this product. It got creamy texture and white in colour. It does not have white patches and is not sticky. I just wear it for daily use, so I have not put it to the test like going to the beach. I find it not bad overall. However, one major drawback is that it balls up. It makes my skin (esp the face) with white little balls on and that does not look good. I think it is the same situation like other reviewers in here. Hope Delvita can use a better formula to avoid this issue. Until then, I don't think I will buy a new one when I have used up the current one. Update on 25 Aug 2016: I found out that if I apply it quickly, there will be less balls. So, I guess you need to apply it quickly as it may dry up very fast. Will post if any further updates.